Preparing for your playset
The pre-delivery checklist
This information is specific to our playsets. For information on our stick-built products, please call Customer Service at 866-616-2689.
- Most cities and towns do not require building permits for playsets. Municipal ordinances do vary and change. Permit requirements are the responsibility of the customer and if needed must be secured prior to scheduling.
- Some homeowner associations may limit installation or placement. Review this with them before scheduling installation. Our playsets are designed for residential use. Residential use does not include any commercial use such as daycare, preschool, recreational park or other commercial applications.
- Playsets are designed and engineered for children between the ages of 3 and 10 years old. We offer a range of models, features and accessories. We want you to be satisfied that the set you have selected is the best option for your current and future family needs. Our customer service representatives will be happy to review this with you during the scheduling process.
- Your owner’s manual is available at: www.homeinstallpro.com
- Please read it and review the operation and safety information with your children before they use the set. Plan ahead as children cannot be present in the work area and cannot climb.
- Land quality is important. When choosing your site consider all factors, including proper drainage, firmness, etc. Poor drainage areas may make for a muddy play area and also lead to undesirable settling of your set.
- The set should not be located atop irrigation pipes, sprinkler heads or other lines. Please note that as part of the installation process we install a number of anchors into the ground at the base of the set to a depth of approximately 1 to 2 feet.
- Site must be 200 feet or less from where our truck/trailer can park. Sites located further than 200' from our truck parking spot will incur additional charges. Our trucks are approximately 2 car lengths long.
- Access to the site must be clear. Playsets are delivered in large heavy boxes and navigation up hills, on stairs, or through a narrow alley can be troublesome. If there are fences, narrow walks, shrubs, or stairs, notify us of these or other obstacles prior to scheduling.
- Start the scheduling process by going to: www.homeinstallpro.com/faststart. Enter your phone number and answer the questions to provide us with important information to get your installation started fast. No web access, no problem! We will call you within 2-3 business days to review your order and schedule your installation.
- Any requirements for permits and approvals must be finalized prior to scheduling and accepting an installation date.
- Our products are installed Monday through Friday. Delivery time can fluctuate based on seasonal volume and weather conditions. Once you have accepted an installation date your order cannot be changed. We install multiple products a day. The status of one installation may affect many others. We ask for your understanding if an unforeseen event affects an installation day or time.
Additional information you may find helpful
For safety and proper operation, the location for your playset must be level. Land grade must be less than a 4-inch slope from the highest point to the lowest point with no protruding rocks or stumps in the area. Identify the highest corner using a line level and check the height of the other corners of your site. Line levels are available at any hardware store or call us and we will mail you one free of charge.
We install playsets on grass or bare ground. Playsets are not installed on decks, pavers, patios, sidewalks, pool decks, driveways, sports courts, etc. The manufacturer recommends that installation of cushioning materials will improve safety. This is something which the homeowner may choose to do after our installation. There is additional information on this at www.homeinstallpro.com.
You will need a tape measure to make a few simple measurements to mark the location for your playset in your yard.
- Sheds USA will provide the specific dimensions for your playset after your order has been placed. Contact a customer service representative at 866-264-0761 Monday through Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m. if you have questions.
- Use the four white flags to mark the corners of your playset footprint
- Use the red flag to mark the end of the slide
If your site is marked you do not need to be home during installation. We will build your playset as close to the layout as possible. If you have very specific placement requirements, you must be home to approve that your set is built in the correct spot. Please be sure you are comfortable with your decision on the location in your yard before accepting an installation date.
When locating your set it should be positioned at least 6 feet from any obstacle, obstruction, or structure to create a safe zone for play. The base should not be paved or a hard surface. Allow an additional 6 feet of clearance above your playset height. Your playset must be clear of overhanging branches, wires, clothes lines, or dog runs. It is a good idea to place the playset in an area that is convenient to watch children at play.
We do our best to accommodate schedules however postponement of an installation by the customer may result in additional fees. Please contact H.I.P. immediately if your order needs to be cancelled. Cancellation of any product already scheduled will incur a 15% cancellation fee. All fees are assessed by H.I.P. at the time of notification.
If any of the “site requirements” are not fulfilled, your playset may not be installed and a fee of $250 will be charged for our installers to transport your set back to our warehouse and return on another day. We will reschedule delivery and installation once site requirements have been met.
Children will be excited and curious to see that a new playset is being installed. It will be important for you to keep them out of the area where the truck operates and where the installers work. Children must not be in the work area. Children should play on the set only after a parent or adult responsible for their care can observe their play and ensure that children have been trained on safe use.
Our installer will review the project with you before leaving. If you see something that concerns you, please feel free to tell the installer. If you were not home at the time of the installation please perform prompt inspection of your playset and immediately contact H.I.P. with any concerns.
Following installation, activate your warranty at: www.homeinstallpro.com/activate
You don’t want to be sitting on your ride mower wondering what it would be like to fit it in your shed, so choosing the proper shed door is one of those proactive items that needs your attention. Think about it: What if Batman didn’t have a big enough door on the Batcave? So if you’re looking to drive a lawn tractor right into your shed, then a wider door, especially a roll-up overhead door, might be the best solution (the alternative is a bad accident and a big mess).